Writing your own unique and romantic wedding vows can be tricky. Where do you begin?
Whether you’re looking for lovely wedding vows for your husband or wife, take inspiration from some of these examples below; from traditional, to funny, to tear-jerking!
IMAGE | Tandem Photo
1. Today, I promise you this: I will laugh with you in times of joy, and comfort you in times of sorrow. I will share in your dreams and support you as you strive to achieve your goals.
I will listen to you with compassion and understanding, and speak to you with encouragement. Together, let us build a home filled with learning, laughter and light, shared freely with all who may live there.
Let us be partners, friends and lovers, today and all of the days that follow.
2. I take you as you are, loving who you are now and who you are yet to become. I promise to listen to you and learn from you, to support you and accept your support.
I will celebrate your triumphs and mourn your losses as though they were my own. I will love you and have faith in your love for me, through all our years and all that life may bring us.
3. You are my best friend. I love you with all my heart and stand here before all of our friends and family, sharing the happiest day of my life.
I want nothing more than to share my future with you “ my triumphs and my challenges, my joys and my sorrows. Together, I know we can accomplish the life we both dream of living.
4. I promise to remember that neither one of us is perfect. But strive to remind myself of the ways that we are perfect for each other.
5. And even though I’m unsure about most things in life, I am certain that I love you and will continue to love you forever.
Ooh-la-la! Check out 31 of the most romantic wedding venues in Scotland 2019
6. I’m so lucky to be in love, to have a willing hand to hold, to know that we’ll stand side by side, until we’re grey and old.
7. I’m so lucky to have met my match, to have found my missing link, to know you try to understand, the way I feel and think.
8. I’m so lucky to feel connected, like you’re an extension of me. We share hopes and ambitions, of how our lives should be.
9. I’m so lucky I am with you, and as we say I do, the luckiest thing of all is that you feel the same way too.
10. I choose to give you my whole heart, with abiding courage and faith. I choose to laugh, cry and grow with you. To respect, encourage and support you. I choose our unconditional love. I choose our forever.
IMAGE | Fern Photography
11. I feel like everything in my life has led me to you. My choices, my heartbreaks, my regrets. Everything. When we’re together, I know my past has been worth it. Because if I had done one thing differently, I might never have met you.
12. Love isn’t perfect. It’s not a fairytale or a storybook, and it doesn’t always come easy. Love is overcoming obstacles, facing challenges, fighting to be together, holding on and never letting go.
It is a short word, easy to spell, difficult to define, and impossible to live without. Love is work, but most of all, love is realising that every hour, every minute, every second of it was worth it because we did it together.
13. You are the one I want to binge watch Netflix with forever/ I promise not to watch the next episode without you.
14. I can’t promise you that dark clouds will never hover over our lives, or that the future will bring us many rainbows. I can’t promise you that tomorrow will be perfect or that life will be easy. I can promise you my everlasting devotion, my loyalty, my respect, and my unconditional love for a lifetime.
15. Because when I look at you, I can feel it. And I look at you, and I’m home. “ Finding Nemo
16. I can promise that I’ll always be here for you, to listen and to hold your hand, and I’ll always do my best to make you happy, and make you feel loved. I can promise that I’ll see you through any crisis, and pray with you, dream with you, build with you, and always cheer you on and encourage you.
I can promise that I’ll willingly be your protector, your advisor, your councillor, your friend, your family, your everything. I promise you.
17. I promise to grow with you and support you, I promise to be patient, understanding, and kind, I promise to listen and share, I promise to create, to explore, and be curious.
In good times and in bad, I promise to love you, I will make sure there is always coffee, I promise to be my best for myself, for us, and for our future together.
18. I promise to bring out the best in you, because you bring out the best in me.
19. I vow to pretend that I am interested in Match of the Day/your latest video game/your golf handicap.
20. And do you solemnly swear to protect me from spiders, as long as we both shall live?
IMAGE | Emma Gray Photography
21. It was always you.
22. I can’t wait to grow old together and look back at this beautiful moment – I’m so excited for all the joy of our life to come!
23. Today I am marrying my best friend. You are the love of my life and my soul mate.
Thank you for loving me completely, and for giving your heart to me.
Thank you for always being kind, loving and supportive of me. Thank you for always telling me I’m beautiful and being so proud to call me yours.
Thank you for making me laugh and always seeing the positive in everything.
Thank you for always making me feel significant and for loving me unconditionally.
24. I see these vows not as promises but as privileges: I get to laugh with you and cry with you, care for you and share with you. I get to run with you and walk with you, build with you and live with you.
25. We’re all a little weird, and life’s a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness, and call it love.
26. I swear, I will do anything I can to make you happy. I’ll take care of you when you’re sick. I’ll cuddle you when you’re cold. I’ll tell you funny stories when you’re sad. I’ll cook for you. I’ll sing to you when we’re on long drives. Anything you want to do, you know I’ll be right by your side.
27. You are such a perfect little arrangement of atoms.
28. You have been my friend, my girlfriend, my fiancé, and now my wife. You are all those things and more – you are my love, my dream, and my devotion – no matter the name, you are my everything.
29. I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness, and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not.
To live within the warmth of your heart, and always call it home.
30. I promise to make you a bacon sandwich every time you’re hungover.